Sunday 7 January 2018

6 Books That I Would Like To Read In 2018

I set my reading goal on Goodreads at twelve books for this year.

I want this year to be stress free. I stressed myself out last year over the number of books I was reading, if I was going to complete the Pop Sugar Reading Challenge, and if I was going to participate in the many read-a-thons that I was interested in.

I am not doing that to myself this year. My goal this year for reading (and my personal life) is not to stress.

If I don't read these six books this year or complete my reading challenge thats okay and I am putting these six books aside because I feel like it is always good to set a goal for myself.

On to the books...



1. Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray

I read the Diviners (book 1 in this series) last month and was blown away. I love that book and cannot wait to continue on with the series.

If you do not know about the Diviners it is a murder mystery paranormal book set in 1920s New York. There is a whole bunch of characters and you follow their journey to find this serial killer.

2. Before The Devil Breaks You by Libba Bray
This is book three in the Diviners series.

3. A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara
All I know about this book is that it is about four broke college students moving to New York.

4. Tales From The Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Breenan, Maureen Johnston, and Robin Wasserman
This is a collection of novellas from the shadowhunter world. I believe they follow Simon but I could be wrong. I want to read this, Lady Midnight, and Lord of Shadows in preparation for Queen of Air and Darkness.

5. Beautiful Bastard or Dating You/Hating You by Christina Lauren
I just finished Roomies by Christina Lauren and I need to read more from them. I have Dating You/Hating You and the first book in the Beautiful Bastard series. I am just unsure which I want to read next.
I am not sure what Beautiful Bastard is about and I think that Dating You/Hating You is a love to hate story.

6. The Arsonist by Stephanie Oakes
I think that this book is about a murder mystery and how a diary helps them solve the murder. I could be wrong.
I really enjoyed The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oakes and I am excited to read more of her work.

Those are the six books that I would love to get to this year. What books do you want to read this year?

Thanks for reading!
I hope you have a good day!
~Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

Hello everyone, I know that I have not posted in a while and I am sorry. I fell into a rut about what I wanted to write about on here. I...