Thursday 18 January 2018

Winter Biannual Bibliothon 2018

One of my favorite read-a-thons to participate in is the Biannual Bibliothon. The winter one is happening January 20-26. There are seven challenges for this round and I have doubled up on a few.

Seven Challenges, maybe 7 books:



1. Read the group book: The group picked is Otherworld by Jason Segel and Kirsten Miller. I am in the middle of reading Otherworld. I put it down because I started the Diviners by Libba Bray.
I am super excited to get back into this book because I was really enjoying it.



2. Read a sequel: Maybe Not by Colleen Hoover.
I have not read Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover and I need to. Maybe Not will work for one other challenge and that is why I selected it. So I may have to read Maybe Someday during the read-a-thon as well.


3. Read a book you have never heard of before: The Light of Paris by Eleanor Brown
I picked this book up from a used book sale a while back because I remembered Bree Hill talk about it on her YouTube Channel but I have since forgotten what it is about.



4. A book about mental illness: A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis Or The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime

I am not sure if A Madness So Discreet deals with mental illness. On the back of the book it says that the main character is locked away in an insane asylum so I'm not sure if she is struggling with a mental illness or if she was just forced into an insane asylum by her family.

Another book I have was actually on a mental illness book list on Goodreads and that is The Curious Case of the Dog in the Night-Time. I have no idea what this is about but I have heard great things about it.

I might read one or both. Not sure at the moment. (If you have read A Madness So Discreet please let me know in the comments if the main character has a mental illness.)



5. Read a book mentioned in another book: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J. K. Rowling
Harry Potter was mentioned in A List of Cages by Robin Roe. (Order of the Phoenix was mentioned but I have not read any of the Harry Potter books so I am going to read the first book.)



6. Read a book under 200 pages: Maybe Not by Colleen Hover
This is the only book that I own that is under 200 pages.

7. Read a book that was published before 2017: The Light of Paris by Eleanor Brown


That is my stack of books for the winter Biannual Bibliothon.

If you are participating in the Biannual Bibliothon let me know what you plan on reading.

I hope you have a good day.
~Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

Hello everyone, I know that I have not posted in a while and I am sorry. I fell into a rut about what I wanted to write about on here. I...