Tuesday 3 January 2017

December Wrap Up 2016

Here are the few books that I have read this month!


Sculpture by Scott McCloud: no rating
I am not sure how I feel about this book. The whole time I was reading this book I thought: 1) "He's dreaming there is no way this is really happening to him." or 2) "This man is just hallucinating."

I really liked the art. I did not give it a rating on Goodreads because I have no idea what I would rate this. I liked the book but I also didn't like the book. The story just left me feeling kind of left me feeling unaffected by the book.When I read a book I either want to feel something. Throughout this book I didn't feel anything until the ending but I will admit that I would probably pick it back up again in the future. 

If you guys are unsure what this is about, this book is about how someone was asked the question what he would give for his art. The guy said that he would give his life. He was given the opportunity to sculpt anything with his hands if he took the offer but if he took the offer he only had 200 days to live.



After you by Jojo Moyes: 4 stars
I really enjoyed this book. I read Me Before You earlier this year and really enjoyed it as well. This book just left me happy.
For those of you who who haven't read Me Before You the book is about a women, Lou, who is let go from her job as a waitress and she is in search of another job. She goes to a place to see if there are any open positions in her town and she is told that there is a quadriplegic man who needs looking after. She is hesitant at first but eventually decides to take the job and her life takes off from there. Me Before You is amazing and I highly recommend everyone read it.

Let me know what books you read in the month of December!
Thanks for reading. 
I hope you have a great day!
~Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

Hello everyone, I know that I have not posted in a while and I am sorry. I fell into a rut about what I wanted to write about on here. I...