Saturday 3 March 2018

Spring Break TBR!

I am on spring break for March 3rd to the 11th. I have to work for some of the break. When I am not working I plan on reading.

I want to try and get to as many books as I can this week. Here are books that I am dying to get to.





1. The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson


I am currently reading this and I have been reading this for over a week now. I am liking it so far. I am about 100 pages in.


Synopsis:
Princess Lia is supposed to marry the prince of this neighboring kingdom. Lia does not want to marry this man so she flees on her wedding day. Once people find out that she is gone the prince and an assassin try to track her down.
The one thing that I am enjoying about this book is the mystery of who is who. There are chapters from the assassins point of view and chapters from the princes point of view but the reader does not know who is the assassin and who is the prince.


2. The Hate You Give by Angie Thomas



I bought this book for my younger sister for Christmas and she said that she enjoyed it. I told her that I wanted to read it and she lent this to me over a month ago. I need to read this and give it back to her.

Synopsis:
I believe this book was inspired by the Black Lives Matter movement. This book deals with police brutality. I have heard nothing but great things about this book and it has been on the New York Times Bestseller list for 52 weeks running! I have not read the dust jack to know what this book entails. I want to go into this knowing as little as possible.

3. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare



I recently bought the 10th anniversary edition and it is gorgeous! I want to reread the Mortal Instruments Series in preparation for Queen of Air and Darkness coming out this December!

Synopsis:
This book is about how Clary find outs that she can see things that other people can't. She finds out that she is a Shadowhunter. A Shadowhunter is someone who hunts demons and is responsible for keeping the peace between the human world and the demon world.


Those are the top three books on my to be read pile for spring break.

What are you reading? I would love to know.



I hope you have a good day.
~Mariah



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

Hello everyone, I know that I have not posted in a while and I am sorry. I fell into a rut about what I wanted to write about on here. I...