Thursday 12 November 2015

How to....

How to prepare to write a research paper!



I don't about anyone else but I think that writing a research paper is very time consuming! I have to write a seven page research paper for my english class and it is not fun. I try so hard to stay organized while I write this research paper. I thought that writing a post about how I try to stay organized could maybe help someone else. (I learned how to prepare to write a research paper this way from my high school english teacher.)

Steps to staying organized:
1. Note cards. I buy the packs of 300 note cards. When I find a source that I want to use in my paper I write a letter (A, B, C, etc) in the top right corner and then I write the citation on the card. The notes for that go along with the card will have a number in the top right corner followed by the letter of the citation. This way I know where I got the information. With each new source there is a new letter in the alphabet that goes in the top right hand corner. I write a title on the first line of the notecard so I know which paragraph it goes to later.


2. I have highlighters, pens, and pencils galore. I love using highlighters and colorful pens! If I print out an article I have highlighters (or colorful pens) with me so I can highlight (or underline) information as I read. Then I paraphrase the information that I read and write it on a notecard. 
3. I back everything that I write on my notecards on my computer. I always write the information down and save it on my computer in case I lose a notecard. 
4. The last thing that I do is I try to have at least one day a week that I dedicate to research for my paper.

I hope this helped you!

~Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

Hello everyone, I know that I have not posted in a while and I am sorry. I fell into a rut about what I wanted to write about on here. I...