Tuesday 23 February 2016

A Day In The Life...

Hello everyone!
Today I just wanted to share with you something that I did this last week. On Sunday my grandmother and I went to a book fair in Breese, IL. We have been going to this book fair for 2-3 years now and we love it. The book fair is I think for two (maybe three) days, Saturday and Sunday (maybe Friday), and the books are different prices on different days. There are tons of tables filled with books and there are books in boxes underneath the tables. They have all kinds of books from well known authors to not so well known. There were books from many different genres. Some sections of the were dedicated to a specific genre, like mystery or biography. The books were also alphabetized by last name of the author.


We usually go on Sunday every year because on Sunday the books aren't priced individually. You buy bags and fill them up with the books that you want. The bags are three dollars each and they are the big brown paper bags you get at IGA. On Sunday the book fair opened at 9am. I think that the books were free after 10:30, which was great! All these books were donated from libraries and people.
We got 66 books for $9! Here is what I got.

Once we were done with the book fair we got breakfast and we went to PJ's Diner. Like the book fair, we have gone to this diner for 2-3 years. This restaurant is great. There is pictures and items all over the walls. There is even an Elvis statue. The food is good. The waitresses and waiters are nice. I would recommend going there to eat if you haven't already.

(This is my grandmother drinking coffee)

I did other stuff this week besides going to the book fair but that was my highlight of the week so I thought I would share it. What was your favorite thing that you have done this week or last week? Let me know in the comments.
Thanks for reading!
I hope you have a nice day!
~Mariah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

Hello everyone, I know that I have not posted in a while and I am sorry. I fell into a rut about what I wanted to write about on here. I...