Tuesday 1 March 2016

February Wrap up

Hello everyone!
Today I want to talk to you about what I read this month!





















The first book I completed was the Secret Sisters by Jayne Ann Krentz. I would like to first point out that I really like the cover and the inside of the book. I like it when publishers do that for books.
My rating for this book on Goodreads was 4/5 stars
If you don't know what this book is about it is about a mystery. Madeline has a traumatic event happen when she was a child and her friend Daphne was there. Many years later that event comes back up and they (Madeline, Daphne, and Madeline's security team) have to unravel how people in the present connect to that traumatic situation in her past.
This book started out with a bang! It hooked me from the start. The only reason that I did not write a review for this book is because it took me most of January and the first week in February to finish it. (BUT) I enjoyed this book a lot. I really liked the mystery. The only thing that I did not like about this book was the romance. I normally like the romance in books but not this one. To me it wasn't believable and that is the main reason that I could not give it five stars. To those of you that have read this book did you like the romance? Let me know in the comments.


The second book that I read was Before I Go To Sleep by S. J. Watson. My rating for this book on Goodreads was 4.5/5 stars.

Before I Go To Sleep is a book about remembering the past and trusting people. Christine wakes up everyday confused. She is unaware of who is sleeping next to her. She has forgotten her husband and their life together. Her husband, Ben, tells her the story of their life together everyday, but is he telling her everything or is he only telling her what he wants her to know?

I really enjoyed this book. I had an issue with the ending. I thought it was rushed. I needed another page or two. If you want to read my full review then you can click here: http://plethora-of-nonsense.blogspot.com/2016/02/before-i-go-to-sleep-book-review.html


The third book that I read this month was Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon. I gave this book a 3/5 stars on Goodreads. I thought that this book was okay.
I knew the ending before I read this book. I was looking up some reviews, to see if it was good, before I read the book and I was spoiled for how it ended. I thought that knowing the ending wouldn't ruin the book for me, I was wrong. I keep thinking that if I didn't know the ending that I would love it more.














The fourth and last book that I read this month was I Hate Myselfie by Shane Dawson. I found Shane's YouTube channel this month and decided to pick up his book. I absolutely loved this book. I was very skeptical of reading this book at first because it was written by a YouTuber but it was really good. This was the first book that I have read by a YouTuber and it has convinced me that I should pick up some more books by YouTubers. If you have any recommendations please leave them in the comments.
Here is my review: http://plethora-of-nonsense.blogspot.com/2016/03/i-hate-myselfie-book-review.html

5/5 Stars















Books I Did Not Finish:
I couldn't finish Remember Me by Sophie Kinsella. I borrowed this book from the library because it was another book about amnesia. I thought that I would like it because I really enjoyed Before I Go To Sleep.
This was not good. I got 200 pages in and thought to myself 'I am not going to make myself finish a book that I dislike'. I just couldn't make myself read it anymore.
I didn't like the characters, especially the husband, and I have a feeling I wasn't supposed to. The husband drove me nuts and was the main reason I could not continue.









I think that I had a pretty good reading month.
Let me know what books you read this month in the comments.
Thanks for reading.
I hope you have a good day!
~Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

Hello everyone, I know that I have not posted in a while and I am sorry. I fell into a rut about what I wanted to write about on here. I...