Tuesday 28 June 2016

Game of Thrones Gab session!!!!

Hello everybody!!!

Oh My Gosh! The season finale for the sixth season of Game of Thrones aired Sunday and I want to talk about it. I have so many thoughts and ideas on where the plot is going to go. I also want to talk to you about what I didn't see happening in the season finale.

First, for those of you who have not heard of Game of Thrones I will give you a brief, non spoilery synopsis on what the show is about.

The show follows so many story lines but they all interconnect. The main family that is focussed on in the show is the Starks. The Stark family consists of Ned Stark-father, Catelyn Stark-Mother, Rob Stark-first born, Sansa-older sister, Arya Stark-younger sister, Brandon Stark-younger brother, and Rickon Stark the youngest child of Catelyn and Ned Stark. Jon Snow is also part of the Stark family but he doesn't have the last name Stark because he is a bastard.
There are seven kingdoms and each kingdom has a lord in charge. Ned Stark is in charge of Winterfell. The king, Robert Baratheon, runs all seven kingdoms.
You don't just get the story of the Starks. You get the story of Daenerys and Viserys Targaryen who are trying to take back the seven kingdoms, You hear about the wall and the people who run the wall, you follow the king who runs the seven kingdoms, and many many more people. This show is very intricate and very interesting. It took me about three weeks to watch all five season earlier this year. Each episode is an hour long. I was hooked by the first episode. Go watch the first episode if you haven't already! All of the episodes are on HBO Go.

I just want to gab about Sundays episode so if you have not seen it please leave and come back once you have watched it so we can gab together!!







...









I am going to try and remember all that happened on Sunday. I should probably rewatch the episode but I have a lot to do today so I am just going to try and hit the points that blew me away. Sorry if it sounds kind of jumbled. 

The first thing that pops in my mind when I think of the season finale is Cersi blowing up the Sept. Oh my god! I couldn't believe that she did that and I couldn't get over that the High Sparrow wouldn't let people leave the Sept. If you follow me on Twitter you know that I used the emoji that looks like the scream painting in the majority of my tweets on Sunday when talking about the episode. I wish I could use it now because it still blows me away just thinking about it.

Next thing that blew me away was Tommen killing himself. It..wow...I still can't form complete sentences about how I feel about that scene. Just wow. So sad. I know that Cersi said earlier in the show that all of her children would die. I was just hoping Tommen would've lasted longer. I really like him. :(

When Ser Davos found out that Melisandre burned Princess Shireen it broke my heart. :( You could see and feel how sad he was that she was gone. 

OMG! When Arya killed Walder Frey. WOW! I didn't see that coming. I knew that she wanted to kill him but I didn't see her doing it that way!!

One thing that I loved was that the people in the north accepted Jon as their king! 

Oh My God! Speaking of Jon one thing that I totally didn't see coming was Jon being Lyannas child. I don't know why Ned wouldn't tell Catelyn that Jon was Lyannas. I think that Catelyn would have been more accepting of Jon then. Maybe they (the director/writer/whoever) wanted Catelyn to act that way so people wouldn't get suspicious on why she would love a bastard. Something that I can't figure out is Jon is Lyanna and (I'm assuming) Roberts baby, why would Lyanna not want him to know. Jon is the rightful heir to the throne!

I think it would be neat to see Jon and maybe Daenerys rule the seven kingdoms. 

Speaking of Daenerys, she is finally on her way to take the seven kingdoms! Yes! Been waiting, what, like 3 seasons for this! Finally!! 

I wonder what Cersi is going to do when Daenerys docks in Westeros. 

The two people I am wondering about is Daenerys and Jon. I really want to know where their lives will end up in the next season. It kills me that I have to wait till next April (or whenever they air the show) to find out what happens. 

What did you think of the season finale? What do you think will happen?! I would love to discus theories with you.

Thanks for reading!
I hope you have a great day!
~Mariah



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

Hello everyone, I know that I have not posted in a while and I am sorry. I fell into a rut about what I wanted to write about on here. I...