Tuesday 5 July 2016

What Has Happened | June 2016

**Before I get into todays post I wanted to say that the blog surpassed 2,000 pages views this month!! Thank you to everyone who reads my posts!!**

(I wrote this post in the month of June so there are a lot of times that I say this month. I just want you to know that I am referring to what I did in June not July.)

Hello everyone!!

Today I wanted to publish a different kind of post on my blog. Today I want to talk about what I did in the month of June and what my goals are for July.



This month has been crazy! It has felt like the most productive month I have had so far and I hope to continue this productive streak in the months to come.

The first thing that I have been doing this month is helping my grandmother in the backyard. She is creating a masterpiece of a garden.
When the garden is complete I want to write a blog post about it. Ahh, I can't wait.

The second thing that I have done this month is I have finalized my schedule for the fall semester at the college I am attending. I am going for my Associates in Science. I am not sure yet what I am going to major in when/if I go to a university. I have a few ideas on the environment I want to work in but I have not picked an occupation.

Next! I was so happy with myself about this until last week. :( I made a terrarium. For those of you who do not know what that is here is a picture of the one I put together.


That was what my terrarium looked like last week. 

This is what it looks like now. :(


I ended up over watering it and 1 1/2 plants have died. I am going to call the one in the back Harry for two reasons. 1) He is the only one who lived (Harry Potter reference!!) and 2) there is actually little hairs on this plant. I will be putting Harry in a smaller pot because the last one in there is pretty much gone. So sad. I had high hopes for my terrarium.


One thing that I would love to put in future end of the month life posts is my fitness, water intake and steps. I didn't keep track this month but next month I will! :)

The last thing that I am proud of doing this month is I read six books. This has been the best reading month for me so far. I discussed all the books that I read on my YouTube Channel. Here is the link if you want to check it out. YouTube Channel




On to my Goals!

My goals for next month are short and simple. 
  1. I would like to walk at least 10,000 steps twice a week.
  2. I want to keep track of my water intake.
    1. I want to drink more water. I drink maybe 48 ounces a day. I would like to drink about 72 ounces. 
  3. I would like to publish two blog posts a week. Probably on Tuesday and Friday.

For the last month or so all it seems/feels like all I am posting is content about books. Don't get me wrong I absolutely LOVE talking about books but that is not all I want this blog to be about. It is call Plethora of Nonsense for a reason. I have been thinking about ideas for posts for my blog and videos for my YouTube channel. I want to be more active on both.

I love posting every week on my blog but for a month I want to try posting twice a week on here and maybe once a week or once every two weeks on my YouTube channel. My main focus will always be my blog. I enjoy YouTube but at the moment I am really into blogging. So I may fall behind in videos but I will try my hardest to keep up with my blog.

I might publish one post a week about books but the other post I want it to be about something else. Maybe about a night out, what I did during the week, maybe some recipes, or DIY projects. When I was in high school I loved to bake. I usually used box cakes and stuff that had instructions on it. I would love to get back into baking. The main thing is that I want to bring variety to my blog. I want more on here than just discussions on books.

If you made it this far in the post great! I know it is very long I just wanted to fill you in about everything that I did this month and my plans for July.

What did you do this month?

Thanks for reading!
I hope you have a good day.
~Mariah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

Hello everyone, I know that I have not posted in a while and I am sorry. I fell into a rut about what I wanted to write about on here. I...