Thursday 2 June 2016

The Crown by Kierra Cass Review

Hello everyone!
I am so excited because today I am going to discuss my thoughts and feeling about The Crown by Kiera Cass. The Crown is the fifth and final installment in the Selection Series. If you have not read the whole Selection Series I would not read this review because there will be spoilers.

The Crown




Oh My Gosh! I just finished The Crown and I am at a loss for words. First of all I want to say that Kiera Cass has a way of letting her readers think they know where the story is going to go and then she pulls a complete 360.
Before I get into where she completely stooped me, I want to talk about my overall thoughts on the book.
Overall I thought this book was great and an interesting way to end the series. I think that Eadlyn became more tolerable in this book. She was not all about herself in this book. She was concerned about her family, country, the boys in the Selection, and her future as a ruler.


The first thing that threw me for a loop was Hale liking Ean. I think what threw me was the fact the Hale came to Eadlyn and told her instead of Ean. For some reason I could see it coming more from Ean than Hale. I guess thats because Ean never expressed interest in her romantically. I am happy that she let them live their lives together instead of executing them for treason.

The last thing that completely shocked me was her feelings for Erik. I did not see it coming. The only time I even remember her expressing feelings for him was half way through The Crown. I don't remember her saying that she had feelings for him in The Heir. I felt like it was rushed.

Maybe I am the only one to think this but I did not like that she ended up with Erik. I wanted her to end up with Kile. I know that in the beginning of The Heir Eadlyn said that she didn't like Kile and I know that would be a really cliche ending but I wanted it to happen. I know that she let him go to follow his dreams of becoming an architect but isn't there a way for him to do that as the Prince? Couldn't he oversee the projects being done? Let me know in the comments if you wanted Eadlyn to end up with Erik or someone else, like Kile.

One thing I really wanted was an epilogue to the epilogue. I wanted to know how Hale and Ean were doing. I wanted to know where Kile was and how his architect dream was coming along. I wanted to know what Henri was up to. I wanted to know more about how Eadlyns' reign as queen was progressing. I really hope Kiera writes more. I don't care if it is a novella or a novel. I just need more. 

Since I had so many unanswered questions and I thought that the boy that she ended up with was rushed I only gave this book a 4/5 stars on Goodreads.

Let me know in the comments what you thought of the book.
Thank you for reading.
I hope you have a good day.
~Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

Hello everyone, I know that I have not posted in a while and I am sorry. I fell into a rut about what I wanted to write about on here. I...