Friday 8 July 2016

November 9 Review

Hello everyone!

I feel like it has been a while since I have wrote a review post and I knew once I finished November 9 that I had to write a review.

If you have not heard of this book it is about how two people, Ben and Fallon, met on November 9th and spent the day together. They plan to meet up every year on November 9th at the same place they met on the first November 9th. Ben lives in LA and Fallon just moved to New York. Ben is aspiring author and Fallon hopes to make it on Broadway. This story, like most of Colleen Hoovers novels, is about their relationship and how they go up against odds to try to make it work. 
I gave November 9 a 3.5/5 stars on Goodreads.


I don't want this review to have spoilers. I just want to say some things about the novel that caused me to lower the rating. 
1) I didn't like Ben and Fallon's relationship. I just didn't find it believable/realistic at times.
2) I didn't like Fallons' decision at the end of the book. 
3) When Fallon was angry at Ben on, I think, the fourth November 9th, when he told Fallon about some of the decisions that he made for himself and Oliver it made me angry. I am trying to be vague and not give anything away for those of you who have not read the book. I hope those of you who have read the book get what I am trying to say. 
4) I completely did not like the plot twist. It made me so angry that I wanted to stop reading the book right then and there but I carried on hoping the book would get better.

The thing that I did love about this book was the writing. Colleen Hoover can write some amazing books. The writing just flowed and because of that I read this book in a day. 

I really enjoyed the scene where Ben met Fallon's dad in the restaurant. It was cute.

Another thing that I loved was that there were characters from Ugly Love in this book. I would recommend that you read Ugly Love before you read November 9 because there are some spoilers for the ending of Ugly Love in November 9.

I am not sure what else I can say about November 9.

I have now read 3 books by Colleen Hover. Ugly Love, Confess, and November 9. These are in the order of how I read them and favorite to least favorite.

Let me know down below in the comments if you have read November 9 and what you thought. Also let me know what Colleen Hoover book, if you have read any of her books, is your favorite!

Thank you for reading.
I hope you have a great day. 
~Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

Hello everyone, I know that I have not posted in a while and I am sorry. I fell into a rut about what I wanted to write about on here. I...