Tuesday 30 August 2016

Books that I want to finish before the end of the year.

Hello everyone! 
(I am trying out centering my posts instead of putting them from left to right. Let me know what you think of it.)

Today I am making a post that I have made before and I feel like you guys were just shaking your heads when you saw the title of this post. Today I am making another book goals blog post but I am going to do something different this time. 

This time I am going to be making myself to write down what I read of a book for the day and I will be taping post-it notes to my vanity mirror so that I can remind myself that I have to get these books done! During my weekly posts I will give you updates. Maybe I will just post twice a week like I used to and have one be an updates post. Let me know what you think of that.



I want to set a goal of reading at least two books a month for the rest of the year. With school and work I think that is a pretty good goal.

All of these books are books that I physically own. I want to reduce the amount of books on my TBR. So on to the books that I want to read before the year is over!
None of these are in a particular order.

The first book that I am dying to complete is All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. When I get done with The Son of Neptune I think that I will pick this one up!



The next book that I would like to pick up is After You by Jojo Moyes. I read Me Before You earlier this year and loved it so I can't wait to see what I think of the second book.


The next two on the list go together and they are The Mark of Athena and The House of Hades by Rick Riordan. My goal for the year is to finish this series. I know that I didn't include The Blood of Olympus in this group but I am hoping I can squeeze it in somewhere.


The next book I am going to mention I have already saw the movie for and that book is The Martian by Andy Weir. I really enjoyed the movie and can't wait to read the book.



I have also seen the movie of the next book that I am about to mention but I saw the movie a long time ago. That book is The Lovely Bones. I remember this movie creeping me out but I can't remember much of the plot.



These next two books I have been dying to read for a while now but just haven't picked up. I think I have tried to read both of these books a few times but got so caught up in school or another book that I put them down. The two books that I am talking about are Uglies by Scott Westerfeld and Let It Snow by John Green, Lauren Myracle, and Maureen Johnson. 




Well that is my list of books that I would like to complete before the end of the year. The sad thing is that I am 9 books behind on my reading goal for the year. I'm not sure I will be able to complete it before the year ends but I am not going to stress myself out if I don't read 45 books. 

Let me know in the comments what books you would like to complete before the year ends.
Thank you for reading! 
I hope you have a great day!
~Mariah



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

Hello everyone, I know that I have not posted in a while and I am sorry. I fell into a rut about what I wanted to write about on here. I...