Tuesday 23 August 2016

Brooklyn Movie Review 2 (Spoilers)

Hello everyone!

Now that I have watched Brooklyn twice I wanted to talk more in detail about what I like and don't like about the movie. If you want to read my gush about the movie that I wrote at 2 am this morning after watching it for the first time you can scroll down or click here.

This post will have spoilers on what happens in the movie.

While watching the movie for a second time I took notes. I noticed a lot more the second time that I want to talk about so here we go!

I empathized with Eilis when she left home. She was saddened because everyone that she knows is back in Ireland. I was away from home, I didn't go halfway across the world, but I was gone for seven months. I understand missing your family and friends but I had my phone so I could talk to them easily. 
Which brings me to the next thing that I like about this movie and that is the letters. I may be the minority when I say this but I love writing letters instead of texts or emails. I didn't write when I was gone. I wish I had but I thought that my family would think it was stupid that I wrote a letter instead of a text message.

Another thing that I like about the movie is that Eilis went back to Ireland to experience life over their. I like that she talks to Jim Farrel. I think that she needs to experience that life, to see what she really wants in life, before she goes back to Brooklyn. 

This next thing that I like about the movie might sound odd but I liked that Eilis wore the same outfits more than once. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like in movies now days characters never wear an outfit twice. In Brooklyn you saw her wear the yellow dress, the blue dress, and the navy shirt with diamonds on it several times. To me this makes the character more real. I bet you wear the same outfit several times, I know I do. The clothes are clean of course but you don't stop wearing an outfit just because one person saw you in it.

The one and only thing that I didn't like about the movie is that Eilis and Tony got married so quickly. I think that they got married so quickly for two reasons. 1. So they could have sex and 2. it was a promise or guarantee that she would return to him. I like that they got married but I wish that it wasn't so rushed.

Lastly here are some moments that I love be Eilis and Tony:
1. When they met at the dance
2. When she told that if he asked she would tell him that she loved him
3. Any time he mentioned baseball  
4. The end where he sees her across the street

The plot was great and the characters were acted out very well. I have not read the book yet but I am putting it on my list of books to read. This movie has easily made it onto my favorites list.
I am definitely going to have to buy it. (I watched it on HBOGO last night and this morning.)

If you have seen this movie what are your thoughts?

Thank you for reading.
I hope you have a great day!
~Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

Hello everyone, I know that I have not posted in a while and I am sorry. I fell into a rut about what I wanted to write about on here. I...