Tuesday 23 August 2016

Brooklyn Movie Review

Oh My Gosh! I just finished the movie Brooklyn. It is currently 2:30 in the morning and all I want to do is gush about this movie!!!

If you haven't seen this movie stop what you are doing and go watch it. You won't regret it, I promise. 

For those of you who haven't heard about this movie it is about a girl, Eilish, from Ireland who decides to move to Brooklyn. Her sister Rose knows a priest who sets her up with a job and a place to stay. When she is in Brooklyn she meets people, specifically a boy, and it all takes off from there.

This movie had me smiling and in tears. I kind of want to watch it again. I don't think I have ever wanted to watch a movie again right after I just finished it.

Things that I love about this movie:
1. The time period, I believe it is set in the 1950s. I love the the dances, the atmosphere, everything. 
2. That this movie takes place in two different countries, the USA and Ireland.
3. The romance


Things that I didn't like:
1. The romance, I have this on here twice because I loved the relationship between Eilis and Tony but I think that it progressed quickly. I think that he told her he loved her after a few weeks and they were married within a year of knowing each other.

I want a Brooklyn two. Can someone please get on that?! I want to see if they do what they talked about doing. I just want more.

I'm sorry that this post is scattered but I just want to talk about this amazing movie. If I were going to rate it I would give it a 4.5/5 stars. This movie deserved all of its awards and praise. 

I am going to go and watch Brooklyn again.
I will talk to you guys soon!
Thank you for reading. 
I hope you have a wonderful day.
~Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

Hello everyone, I know that I have not posted in a while and I am sorry. I fell into a rut about what I wanted to write about on here. I...