Monday 22 August 2016

Vegetarian Diary: The Shameful Day

Hey guys!
I realize it is Monday and I am posting early! Yay! I am hoping to still be able to post tomorrow but I am sorry in advance if this is the only thing I get out this week.

Today is going to be a sad shameful post.

Today is going to be like a diary post for me (and maybe you) to reflect on in the future.

I have been vegetarian since July 1st and I love it. (But!) Today I messed up.
Today has just been a mess. I woke up fifteen minutes before I was supposed to leave for school, which was something I didn't intend to do. So I left with no breakfast or lunch and I didn't have any make up on.

Once my first class was over I left to go to Walmart to get some lunch. I bought a pasta salad bowl and a tiny bag of ruffles cheddar cheese chips. The pasta salad had a little tray on top with dressing, chicken (which I threw away), cheese, and olives. I mixed my olives, cheese and dressing in my pasta salad. I ate 2-3 bites and thought it tasted weird/disgusting so I looked at the package. I thought that the dressing was regular ranch before I mixed it in. Then I found out that it was bacon ranch. :( I threw away my pasta bowl. Gosh I feel sick. Before I even went vegetarian I hated bacon flavored ranch. I think its disgusting!

So that is my sad and shameful post for the day. Heck it might get even worse and if it does I'll post again with an update.

(All I can think about when I am walking to class is that someone is going to yell shame, shame, shame.)

I am still going to continue my vegetarian lifestyle. Yes, I consider it a lifestyle instead of a diet. The word diet to me sounds awful.

I started this lifestyle because I wanted to try something different.

I didn't start it because I thought that it would help me loose weight and I didn't start it because I am an animal rights nut. (I do care about animals, but I am not the type of person that will yell at someone for eating meat.)

Well that is how my day is going so far. I like these kinds of posts. Its kind of nice to vent to someone. Let me know what you think of the post. Would you yell shame, shame, shame at me?
Have you ever had a slip up like this? If so let me know! (I don't want to feel alone.)


Thank you for reading!
I will (hopefully) talk to you tomorrow!
I hope you have a good day.
~Mariah

*I hope someone gets my Game of Thrones reference! I miss the show! :(*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

Hello everyone, I know that I have not posted in a while and I am sorry. I fell into a rut about what I wanted to write about on here. I...