Friday 5 August 2016

The Choice Movie Discussion (Spoilers)!

Hello everyone!
Before I get into todays blog post I just wanted to tell you a few things.
1. I am very sorry that I have not been publishing blog post like I should. I just started a new job so I have been a little all over the place.
2. I will not be making a TBR for this month. If you want to see the books that I will try to get to this month you can see last months TBR.
3. I will not be making a wrap up on what I did in my personal life for this month because I have talked about what I have been doing over the month in Instagram posts and blog posts.
4. My book wrap up for the month might be up on Tuesday. :)



Now onto what I am going to be talking about today!! Last night I watched the movie The Choice. The Choice is a book to movie adaptation and I have not read the book. The book was written by Nicholas Sparks and I have a love/hate relationship with the books that he writes. If you have read or watched a book/movie about a Nicholas Sparks story you will probably know that they follow pretty much the same storyline.

But...

Even though this movie followed his usual plot I enjoyed it. I didn't love it but I thought it was okay. I would give it a B. 

Things that I enjoyed about this story: 
  • This is one of Nicholas Sparks movie that I think showed two people growing, as people and a family, together. 
  • I liked that dogs brought these two people together. (Which might sound odd.) I thought that it was nice that they didn't immediately start going out. I liked that she rejected him and then their dogs were the reason they started talking. To me it was refreshing that they were not head over heels for each other right off the bat. 
  • This next reason is going to be a spoiler so if you do not want to read about any spoilers I suggest that you scroll down now!                                                                                              The last thing that I liked in the movie was that no one died. I get that dying is a part of life but someone dies in almost every Nicholas Sparks based movie. It was nice to see that everyone lived.
















Things I didn't like:
  • The one thing that really bothered me was the cheating in this movie. I don't like books or movies that deal with someone cheating on another person. The cheating aspect won't ruin the movie/book for me it will just lower the rating because the whole entire movie/book I can't help but think of the other person.
  • This is another spoiler so if you don't want to read any spoilers I would go away now.                    This reason goes against one of the reasons that I liked the movie and the reason that I am talking about is that no one died. I like that Gabby lived but I wish that they could have portrayed her coming off the ventilator and not dying a bit better. I thought that scene was lacking. I am not sure how I would improve it but to me it wasn't realistic. I realize that this is a movie and not real life but I just wanted something more believable than she just woke up.


Well I think that is all I have to say about this movie. Let me know if you have watched this movie. If you have what did you think? Also let me know, do you have the same issue with Nicholas Sparks as I do? 

Thanks reading!
I hope you have a good day!
~Mariah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

Hello everyone, I know that I have not posted in a while and I am sorry. I fell into a rut about what I wanted to write about on here. I...