Tuesday 9 August 2016

July (book) Wrap Up 2016!

Hello everyone!

I am sorry that todays post is later than usually I had to work today. Once I got off work I came home and cleaned so I have had a long eventful day.

In todays post I will be discussing the books I read this past month. I have talked about them in other posts, whether it be a blog post or a Goodreads review. I will link both in this post in case you want to read my full thoughts because today I will only be talking a little bit about what I thought of the books I read.



The first thing that happened this month was the Biannual Bibliothon. I read two books and completed three of the seven challenges. The First book that I completed was The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo and I listened to this book. I gave this book a 3/5 stars on Goodreads. If you want something that is going to put you in a cleaning mode then read this book. After finishing this book I starting organizing my drawers and desk like crazy. (My desk doesn't look so clean now but its a work in progress.)



The next and final book I completed for the Biannual Bibliothon was The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson. This book is cute and fun but it has its faults. I rated it a 4/5 stars on Goodreads. Morgan Matson writes good books and I would recommend this book. If you want to see why I liked and disliked this book you can go and read my Biannual Bibliothon Wrap Up.

The last book that I completed this month was Through the Woods by Emily Carrol. Through the Woods is a graphic novel of short stories and I gave this book a 3/5 stars on Goodreads. I thought that this book was good but one thing that I thought before going into this book was that all the stories interconnected. When I first heard about this book all I knew was that it was a bunch of short stories about the woods; so I thought since it centered around one topic, the woods, that all of the short stories were interwoven. I was wrong. If you want to hear the rest of my thoughts you can head over to my Goodreads review.




 One thing that I really love(d) about this book is the art. The art is simplistic on some pages and then very intricate on others. I love the color scheme of the book. Overall the art in this book gets an A from me.



Well that was a very short post for the day. Let me know in the comments if you have read any of the books I mentioned. Also let me know what book you completed this month!

Thanks for reading.
I hope you have a good day or evening for me.
~Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

Hello everyone, I know that I have not posted in a while and I am sorry. I fell into a rut about what I wanted to write about on here. I...