Monday 16 January 2017

Pop Sugar Reading Challenge TBR

I thought I might make a TBR for the Pop Sugar Reading Challenge. I might stick to this or I might not. I just wanted to write down some of the books that I thought would go with the challenges.

  • A book recommended by a librarian-?
  • A book that's been on you TBR list for way too long- Princess Academy by Shannon Hale or Magyk by Angie Sage
  • A book of letters- Last Letter From Your Lover by Jojo Moyes
  • An audiobook- Heartless by Marissa Meyer
  • A book by a person of color-Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi ( I searched in Goodreads for books in this category. I have not heard much about this book so I can't wait to read it!)
  • A book with one of the four seasons in the title- Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
  • A book that is a story within a story-?
  • A book with multiple authors- Let it Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle
  • An espionage thriller- The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oakes (I am not sure if this is an espionage thriller but it sort of sounds like one..)
  • A book with a cat on the cover- A Georgia Nicolson novel by Louise Rennison (I want to read all of them. I think I read the first two in middle school.)
  • A book by an author who uses a pseudonym- The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith
  • A bestseller from a genre you don't normally read- A Million Suns by Beth Revis (I don't read many science fiction/space novels and Beth Revis is a New York Times Best Seller. The back of the book said it was published in 17 languages! Wow!!)
  • A book by or about a person who has a disability-I'll Scream Later by Marlee Matlin
  • A book involving travel-Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen (Its about a circus!)
  • A book with a subtitle- Stars Between The Sun and Moon One Woman's Life in North Korea and Escape to Freedom by Lucia Jang and Susan McClelland 
  • A book that is published in 2017-?
  • A book involving a mythical creature- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  • A book you have read before that never fails to make you smile-A Georgia Nicolson novel by Louise Rennison (I remember in middle school just laughing while reading these so I can't wait to get back into them.)
  • A book about food-?
  • A book with career advice-?
  • A book from a nonhuman perspective-The Bees by Laline Paull 
  • A steampunk novel-Etiquette and Espionage by Gail Carriger
  • A book with a red spine- Three Cups of tea by Gregg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin
  • A book set in the wilderness-The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey
  • A book you loved as a child-?(I am going to have to look through my shelves.)
  • A book by an author from a country you have never visited- And The Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini 
  • A book with a title that has character's name-Winter by Marissa Meyer 
  • A novel set during a wartime- Frontlines by Michael Grant or The Zookeepers Wife by Diane Ackerman
  • A book with an unreliable narrator- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
  • A book with pictures- Miss Peregrines Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
  • A book where the main character is a different ethnicity than you- The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie (art by Ellen Forney)
  • A book about an interesting woman- Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult
  • A book set in two different time periods-Passenger by Alexandra Bracken
  • A book with a month or day of the week in the title-?
  • A book set in a hotel-Thanks for the Trouble by Tommy Wallace
  • A book that is becoming a movie in 2017-The Circle by Dave Eggers
  • A book set around a holiday other than Christmas-?
  • The first book in a series you haven't read before-Across the Universe by Beth Revis
  • A book you bought on a trip-Brooklyn Story by Suzanne Corso (bought this on my trip to the library!)
There are a few that I do not have books picked out (the highlighted ones) for the challenges but I think this is a good list to start with. Most of the books on here I have. Some I will have to borrow from family or from the library. 
If you have any recommendations for the challenges that I do not have a book for please let me know.
Also Let me know if you are participating in the Pop Sugar Reading Challenge this year and some of the books you plan on reading for the challenges.
Thank you for reading! 
I hope you have a good day!
~Ma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

Hello everyone, I know that I have not posted in a while and I am sorry. I fell into a rut about what I wanted to write about on here. I...