Thursday 28 January 2016

Lucifer episode one review

Hello everybody!!
Woah! Okay, I would not usually do a review on a pilot episode of a show but I had to make an exception with this one. I just finished watching the first episode of Lucifer and I really enjoyed it. I think based on this pilot episode that the TV show will be entertaining.

To give a quick summary of this show....Lucifer Morningstar has left hell to live in Los Angeles and run a night club. One night a friend of his gets murdered outside his night club. Lucifers tries to help the female lead on the case by assisting her in the investigation.

I liked the dynamic between Lucifer and the rest of the characters in the show. Lucifer has this very care free cocky type of attitude when everyone else is very serious. I thought that Lucifer would be very angry and stern, with him being the devil and all.

I found this first episode to be funny and like I said before, enjoyable. I think this is one of those shows that you have to sit down with a big bowl of buttery popcorn with your friends or family and enjoy.

I am about to go into a spoiler section of this discussion so if you have not watched the first episode you better leave now and come back once you have watched the episode.
.

..
...
There was only one thing that made me kind of angry and it was that Chloe can't be persuaded to tell Lucifer the one thing she really desires out of life. To me that sounds a lot like Twilight when Edward couldn't read Bella's thoughts. Did anyone else think that??

There are a few things that I found interesting....The slow motion moments when the angel comes down to visit Lucifer. Another thing that I thought was interesting was when Lucifer spins the coin. I am not sure if there is an significance to it...Maybe that will be explained in episodes to come.

I liked when Lucifer met Trixie. I thought that it was cute. He said that he did not like children but he had a chat with the girl that bullied Trixie. Another thing that I liked was that Lucifer kept referring to himself as immortal. I think that it is great that his immortally is being put out there in the world. It is not secret. That way the audience does not have to wait for the big reveal to other characters in the show.

I love Lucifers way of interrogating people. He hung one guy over a balcony and told the therapist that he would sleep with her if she gave him information. WOW!

Things that I found funny 1). When Lucifer broke up the wedding. 2). When Lucifer broke out of the handcuffs.

I thought it was shocking to figure out that it was the record dealer was the murderer. I was also shocked when Chloe got shot and Lucifer saved her.

I am very curious how this show is going to turn out.
What did you guys think of the first episode and what do you think is going to happen with the rest of the season? Let me know in the comments.
Thanks for reading!
I hope you have a great day!!
~Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

Hello everyone, I know that I have not posted in a while and I am sorry. I fell into a rut about what I wanted to write about on here. I...