Tuesday 16 February 2016

Before I Go To Sleep Book Review

Hello everybody!
I have just finished the book Before I Go To Sleep by S. J. Watson. This book was amazing! It reminded me a lot of Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. This book was thrilling and constantly had me second guessing what was going to happen next. If you are in the mood for a psychological thriller I would recommend you pick this one up next.

Here is my summary of the book.

Before I Go To Sleep is a book about remembering the past and trusting people. Christine wakes up everyday confused. She is unaware of who is sleeping next to her. She has forgotten her husband and their life together. Her husband, Ben, tells her the story of their life together everyday. (But) Is he telling her everything or is he only telling her what he wants her to know?








I gave this book a 4.5/5 stars on Goodreads. I couldn't give it a full five stars because I felt that the ending was rushed. I wanted more after reading the last page. I felt like it needed another 1-2 pages. 

There is a movie for this book. I would recommend that you read the book before you see the movie trailer because the movie trailer gives things away. I watched the movie and I did not like it. It was okay but not what I thought it would be. It changed some things that I did not like. Since I read the book I was questioning how things would happen that happened in the book. The movie did not follow the book. If I watched the movie without reading the book I think I would have liked it.

This book has made me want to read more psychological thrillers. If you guys have any recommendations let me know in the comments. I am going to talk about the book more now so if you have not read it, read it and come back. I don't want to spoil you.




.
..
...
....










This book had me second guessing everything. There were times that I didn't know if what Christine wrote down was really true or what she believed to be true. You can't trust what any of these people say in the book.

Okay..There are many things in this book that took me by surprise. Such as I did not see Adam being alive. I know that there were hints. Christine said, I think, a few times that she had a feeling that he wasn't dead or she just couldn't believe it. I was happy and very surprised.

The next think that I didn't see coming was Mike. I didn't think that Mike would pretend to be her husband. That was like a smack in the face when I read it. I had to reread it. I couldn't believe it. I knew from the very beginning that something had to be up with "Ben". I just didn't like him at all. I didn't like Dr. Nash either. For some reason in the beginning I kept thinking that Dr. Nash and "Ben" knew about each other and did not tell Christine. I thought they had some secret agenda going on.

There was one thing that I did not like about the book and that was the ending. I thought the ending was rushed. I wish that there was an epilogue or something. I wanted a page or two more. I wanted her to go to sleep and wake up. I wanted to see if she remembered Ben. I thought it would be nice if she remembered Ben and Adam.

Let me know what you thought of the book in the comments!

Thank you for reading. 
I hope you have a good day!
~Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

Hello everyone, I know that I have not posted in a while and I am sorry. I fell into a rut about what I wanted to write about on here. I...