Tuesday 8 March 2016

Yes Please Review

Hello everybody!
Today I want to talk to you about Yes Please.  I just finished this book and I loved it. I gave this book a 4.5/5 stars on Goodreads.
For those of you who don't know what Yes Please is about it is about Amy Poehlers life. She writes about how she got into acting and her life after getting jobs like SNL and Parks and Recreation.



This book was a mixture of funny, serious, and sad moments. You see the highs and lows in her life.






I would definitely recommend this book to everyone! I would also recommend the audiobook. I prefer the audiobook to the physical book because she's narrating it and she brought other people in to help her tell the story.




I want to talk about specific parts in the book now. If you have not read this book yet please leave and come back when you have read the book because I would love to continue my discussion with you once you have completed the book.




.
..
...








HAPPY
There were many happy moments in this book and one that stuck out to me was when she was in the  play the Wizard of Oz. It was cute when she improvised. She put Toto down, walked away, and then asked where he was.

SAD
One of the sad moments that happened in this book was a skit that she did on SNL. There was a skit she was in that made fun of a person with disabilities. Amy didn't know that the skit was based on a real person. The sad part was that it took Amy a long time to apologize. I'm glad that she finally apologized and I get why she would be so on the fence about apologizing. She didn't know (before the skit) that it was based on a real person. Amy didn't want to take the fall for something that was out of her control. She was just doing her job.
I am just glad that she eventually got up the courage/strength to apologize and I am happy that Anastasia accepted her apology.

FAULTS
The only reason that I gave this book a 4.5 stars is because there were parts in the book that I didn't understand who she was talking about or what she was referencing. She talked about several different people in this book and I don't think that I had heard of most of them. I also didn't understand the part in the book when she was talking about the show Parks and Recreation. I have never seen the show so I didn't get some of the references or stories that she shared.
What she said about Parks and Recreation makes me want to watch the show now though.

Well all in all I loved this book and I think that I would read it again.
Let me know in the comments what you thought of Yes Please.
I hope you all have a good day!
~Mariah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

Hello everyone, I know that I have not posted in a while and I am sorry. I fell into a rut about what I wanted to write about on here. I...