Wednesday 30 March 2016

I Hate Myselfie Book Review

Hello everyone!
Today I am finally putting up a review of I Hate Myselfie by Shane Dawson. I know that I read this book last month and it is a little late to be putting a review up of this book but I wanted to anyway.

I gave this book a 5/5 stars on Goodreads. This book made me laugh and cry. I highly suggest you go and pick it up.
So for those of you who don't know, this book is a collections of essays about Shane's life before/after starting YouTube. Before reading this book I suggest that you watch some of his videos to understand his comedy. I will when reading this book don't take everything he says literal. When I was reading this book I was reading it in a sarcastic voice for some parts.
I am going to go into detail and talk about specific parts in this book that I loved so if you have not read this book yet I suggest you go read it then come back so we can discuss. :)








.
..
...






Sad

  • One part of this book made me very sad was when his grandmother died. I have seen some of Shane's earlier videos and saw how much his grandmother meant to him... When I read about when it happened in the book I was all tears! :'( 
  • I was sad when he was not allowed to go on the rollercoaster.
  • It was sad when he was trying to ride the rollercoaster, after losing 150+ lbs, and the security guard person had Shane take off his shirt. It was sad that he had so show everyone that he was wearing his mothers bathing suit. I was holding my breath while reading this...I was so nervous to read what was going to happen next!
  • It was sad when he talked about how he compares his body to other peoples bodies. 
Terrifying
  • One part that I found terrifying was when Lacy came into Jenny Craig. This was another part in the book where I was holding my breath. I wasn't sure if she was going to say something mean to him or if she would recognize him.
  • The last part in this book that terrified me was when he was talking about astral projection. That freaked me out. 

Happy

  • I was really happy when he found his mothers old bathing suit. I was happy that he could finally feel comfortable and go out with his friends. :)
    • I was happy that his friends didn't care that he was wearing a women's bathing suit. 
  • I was happy when Shane told Lacy who he was. She didn't know who he was and she didn't remember that she was terrible to him in high school. Then Shane found out that she was going through some terrible stuff too during high school. 
I really liked this book and I would love to read more books by YouTubers. I Hate Myselfie was the first book that I have read by a YouTuber. If you guys have any suggestions on which YouTuber book I should pick up next leave them in the comments. Also let me know what you thought of I Hate Myselfie.

I hope you have a good day!
Thanks for reading!
~Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

Hello everyone, I know that I have not posted in a while and I am sorry. I fell into a rut about what I wanted to write about on here. I...