Tuesday 10 May 2016

April Wrap-Up

Hello everybody!
Today I want to share with you the books that I read this past month and some of my thoughts on the books.


This month I did not read that many books. I read two books this past month and started a third one. 


The first book I finished this month was The Art Of Racing In The Rain by Garth Stein.
My rating: 4/5 stars
This book is told from the perspective of the family dog. If you want to read a book that will make you sad and bawl your eyes out, read this book. You get hit with the sadness in the first chapter where the dog talks about how he wants to die. The Art Of Racing In The Rain had one sad moment after another.
This book is about a journey. Not just the dogs journey through life but his owners. Garth Stein is a really great storyteller and after reading this book I think I am going to pick up more of what he has written.
I would recommend this book to people who are in the mood for a cute but sad book.


The second book that I read this month was If You Could See Me Now by Cecelia Ahern.
My rating: 4/5 stars
This book is very cute and kind of annoying. It was cute because of the dynamic between all of the characters and how they grow as the story progresses.
I want to tell you something from the book and it is not really a spoiler, if you don't want to read it keep scrolling down. The only thing that annoyed me was that it took so long for Elizabeth to figure out that Ivan is an imaginary friend. The reader finds out that he is imaginary in the first two chapters.  If I remember correctly I am pretty sure Luke and Ivan told her that he was not real. It just drove me crazy that it took her so long.
One thing that I really loved was the relationship between Elizabeth and Ivan. I am glad that he got her to open up and become a different person as time went on.

If you are looking for a cute little romance I would recommend this. :)


The last book that I started was Just One Day by Gayle Forman. 
I have read this book before about two years ago. I wanted to reread it so that I could read Just One Year and Just One Night. I had to take a break from it though. I am really enjoying rereading it but I had to pick up something different. So right now I am reading The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan, which is also a reread for me. Maybe when I finish The Lost Hero I can finish reading Just One Day.

Oh I won't be posting a TBR this month because I am not sure how crazy my month is going to get. 

Let me know what books you read this month and what you thought of them. 
Thanks for reading!
I hope you have a good day!
~Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

Hello everyone, I know that I have not posted in a while and I am sorry. I fell into a rut about what I wanted to write about on here. I...