Saturday 16 July 2016

Goals for the rest of 2016

Hello everyone!

I think that it is always a good idea to have several goals for yourself to complete throughout the year.  Earlier this year I wrote a post about the goals I wanted to complete this year.
I thought today I could could check in with the previous goals that I made and make some new goals.
At the beginning of the year my goals were very simple. Drink more water, walk more, read more, etc.

I think that I am doing pretty good on the walking part. I have not reached 10,000 steps a day like my Fitbit says I should but at least I am walking. My Fitbit says that I average 6,000 steps a day.
I am not drinking as much water as I should. (I am currently on vacation and have not met my water goal at all this week.)
I have completed 19 novels so far this year but I am 5 books behind. :(

Now that I have updated you on my goals from the beginning of the year I want to get into the goals that I have made for myself for the rest of the year.



1. I am going to try to not buy anymore books. 
If you see any book hauls on my Instagram or on here those books were bought in the past. I recently stopped by Goodwill and got some books. If I end up going back on this goal I will let you know. 
The reason I am making this goal is because I want to save up money for things like college, a camera, and (maybe) BEA 2017. The twenty dollars or so that I spend every month or every two months may not seem like much to save but it will add up at the end of the year.

2. Read the books that I own that are on my TBR.
This goal goes along with goal 1. I have 42+ books on my TBR. I think that is the most unread books that I have ever had in my life. I don't like that there are so many books that I own that have not been read.

3. I want to be more daring/outgoing.
I am a very introverted person. If you have seen any of my YouTube videos you probably caught on to that. This goal is mainly aimed at the August-December months because that is when school is in session. I want to force myself to join clubs and volunteer. I want to experience more.

I know that three new goals is not a lot but it is a start. I might end up adding more as time goes on. What goals do you have set for yourself this year?

Thanks for reading.
I hope you have a great day!
 ~Mariah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

Hello everyone, I know that I have not posted in a while and I am sorry. I fell into a rut about what I wanted to write about on here. I...